XBee and XBee-PRO ZigBee RF modules provide cost effective wireless connectivity to electronic devices. They are interoperable with other ZigBee PRO feature set devices, including devices from other vendors.
XBee and XBee-PRO ZigBee modules are ideal for hobbyists and educational research as well as applications in the energy and controls markets where manufacturing efficiencies are critical. The Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) provides a high-speed interface and optimizes integration with embedded microcontrollers, lowering development costs and reducing time to market. Digi's ZigBee compatible module is based on the Ember EM35x (EM357 and EM3587) system on chip (SoC) radio ICs from SiliconLabs, utilizing 32-bit ARM CortexTM M3 processor.
- Supports binding and multicasting for home automation
- Mesh-network topology
- 2.4 GHz for worldwide deployment
- Common XBee footprint fits Parallax XBee Adapters and the Propeller Activity Board
- Industry leading sleep current of sub 1 µA
- Firmware upgrades via UART, SPI or over the air
- Remote industrial control and monitoring
- Long range remote control
- Wireless data acquisition
- Wireless networking