Tiny-UPS – Worlds tiniest UPS with GPIO indicator
Tiny-UPS provides full UPS functionality for USB power. Use a Li-Polymer or Li-Ion battery to get the UPS functionality. Size and capacity of the battery does not matter to Tiny-UPS. The charge time and run time vary according to the battery capacity. Tiny-UPS is an ideal power source for IoT devices, Single Board Computers (SBC) such as Raspberry Pi, Arduino, ODriod™, Android devices, and other USB devices. Mounting holes allow Tiny-UPS to mount on a Raspberry Pi-Zero as well as the Adafruit™ ADS1115 (or ADS1015) ADC boards. Adding the Adafruit™ (or equivalent) ADC boards allows a user to measure operating parameters, such as temperature (of the battery), V-in, V-out, V-battery etc. Sample python code can be found on the Downloads page in a ZIP file under the TinyUPS section. Or it can be viewed, cut and pasted from here:
- Tiny size – 5cm x 2.8cm.
- Mount: Pi-Zero, ADC or other boards.
- Output: UPS 5V, 2A max, micro-USB and/or solder.
- Battery: Li-Ion or Li-Polymer batteries.
- Power-in adapter: 5.5V to 6V , 3A, micro-USB or solder.
- Charging: Limited to 1A, uses CC-CV charging.
- GPIO: GPIO high when battery is low. Connect buzzer for haptic feedback.
- LED’s: LED indicators for charge-in-process & charge completed; low battery LED.
- Safety: All electronics are turned off when battery V drops below 2.6V. Battery charges immediately when power is restored.
- Low Drain: < 100μA
- Use-case: IoT devices, Arduino, Beagle, Raspberry-Pi, ODriod, others. Ideal for USB devices.
- Maker: Some soldering required.
Pi Models Supported
Tiny-UPS is an ideal power source for IoT devices, Single Board Computers (SBC) such as Raspberry Pi, Arduino, ODriod™, Android devices, and other USB devices. Mounting holes match dimensions for the Raspberry Pi-Zero family, allowing mechanically stable, sturdy mounts for a Raspberry Pi-Zero.