TCS3200 Color Sensor is a complete color detector, including a TCS3200 RGB sensor chip and 4 white LEDs. The TCS3200 can detect and measure a nearly limitless range of visible colors.
- Test strip reading
- Sorting by color
- Ambient light sensing and calibration
- Color matching
Sensor provides a readout of individual RGB color components as a digital frequency. Onboard white LEDs can be gated on and off for ambient light subtraction Module can run from 3.3V or 5V logic supplies, plus 5V for the LED. The TCS3200 has an array of photo detectors, each with either a red, green, or blue filter, or no filter (clear). The filters of each color are distributed evenly throughout the array to eliminate location bias among the colors. Internal to the device is an oscillator which produces a square-wave output whose frequency is proportional to the intensity of the chosen color.
- Single-Supply Operation (2.7V to 5.5V)
- High-Resolution Conversion of Light Intensity to Frequency
- Programmable Color and Full-Scale Output Frequency
- S0~S1: Output frequency scaling selection inputs
- S2~S3: Photodiode type selection inputs
- OUT Pin: Output frequency