Remember those cereal commercials that would always say, “part of a complete breakfast”? Well the Pi Zero W is a lot like that bowl of cereal – while it’s great on its own, you need a lot of accessories to make it a complete meal.
The Pi Zero W Budget Pack is almost everything you need to get going with your Pi Zero W and make it a complete meal.
This pack includes:
- Raspberry Pi Zero W – the new version with built-in WiFi and Bluetooth.
- Official Pi Zero Case with mini Camera Cable – Keep your Pi Zero safe while handling.
- Mini HDMI to HDMI Adapter – Will let you convert the little port on the Zero to a standard sized HDMI jack. You can get 1080P HDMI video + audio out of this little computer!
- USB OTG Cable – Lets you plug in a normal USB device such as WiFi dongle, USB hub, keyboard, mouse, etc into the Zero.
- 16GB Class 10 SD Card (BLANK) – A micro SD card that’s perfect for installing your OS of choice. You’ll need a USB microSD card reader (see below) to image the card from another computer.
- 5.25V 2.4A Power Supply – the best way to power up your Pi Zero with a stable 5V power supply that wont vary or sag.
- 2×20 Male Header Strip – Solder this in to plug in Pi HATs, GPIO cables, etc as you would into a normal Pi.
We also strongly recommend some other parts and pieces to make your Pi Zero computing experience easier (THESE ARE NOT INCLUDED!)
- USB microSD card reader to image the microSD card from another computer.
- USB Console cable – if you’re not going to stick an HDMI monitor on there, then this is essential, you connect the wires to the GPIO pins and log in over a serial console. Its the easiest & fastest way to get on your Pi
- USB Powered Hub – So you can plug in any kind of USB devices without overloading the Zero’s power supply. (You can also, ironically, power the Zero from the hub itself by plugging in a micro USB cable into the hub)
- Ethernet/USB Hub – 3 USB Ports and 1 Ethernet
- WiFi dongle – Bring Wireless High-speed Internet to your Pi Zero!
- Mini Wireless Keyboard w/Trackpad – Requires only one USB port, which makes it a great match for the Pi Zero
- Wireless Keyboard w/Trackpad – Also requires only one USB port, but for everyday use.
- Pi Cobbler or T-Cobbler – When paired with the male or female 2×20 pin header, you can use your Zero with a breadboard to connect sensors, LEDs, motors and more!