Raspberry Pi PoE HAT
|Brand||Raspberry Pi Foundation|
This is the newer version of the PoE HAT, unaffected by the "underachieving USB current" syndrome.
Important note: not all Pi cases are PoE HAT compatible. Please check short video below that should help you to pick right case for your PoE HAT project:
PoE HAT case options
- HighPi Raspberry Pi B+/2/3 Case – Black (Perfect fit)
- HighPi Raspberry Pi B+/2/3 Case – Clear (Perfect fit)
- ModMyPi Modular RPi B+/2/3 Case – Black (Fits, but Pi board cannot be secured to case)
- Official Raspberry Pi 3 B Case, Black, Grey (Fits, but Pi board cannot be secured to case)
- Official Raspberry Pi B+/2/3 case – White and Red (Fits, but Pi board cannot be secured to case)
The official Power over Ethernet add-on board for the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+. Use this HAT to power a Raspberry Pi B+ via an Ethernet cable!
- 802.3af PoE standard
- Fully isolated switched-mode power supply
- 37–57V DC, Class 2 device
- 5V/2.5A DC output
- 25mm x 25mm brushless fan for processor cooling
- Fan control, fan only runs when necessary
For Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ and Raspberry Pi 4 only.
- Raspberry Pi PoE HAT
- 10mm standoffs x 4
Other hardware needed
- Power-sourcing equipment for a 802.3af Power over Ethernet network
- An Ethernet cable
- A Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
GPIO Access with PoE HAT
The GPIO pins can be accessed while the PoE HAT is used, but additional components are required;
- GPIO Stacking Header for Pi – Extra-long 2×20 Pins
- 2X2 Pin, 2.54mm Double Row Female Straight Header
- Brass Standoffs, M2.5 x 15mm, Package of 4
5mm of the GPIO pins are then available above the top surface of the PoE HAT board for your desired use.