NOTE: This is a previous version of a Raspberry Pi board – Model B+. If you are not sure what model you need – most likely you need the latest, most powerful version – Model 3 B.
Model B+ is still a good (and sometimes the only) option for some specific projects. For example, it has significantly lower power consumption/requirements and a bit cheaper than the latest model.
Important: If this is your first Pi or you are buying it as a gift please check this page.
- 40 Pin extended GPIO header
- x4 USB 2 ports up to 1.2A
- Combined 4-pole jack for stereo audio and composite video output
- MicroSD card slot for loading your operating system and storing data
- Micro USB power source
- CSI and DSI for connecting the Raspberry Pi camera and touchscreen display
- The first x26 GPIO pins are 100% backward compatible with Model B
- HDMI video output for 1080P Hi-definition video
- 10/100 Ethernet port for network connectivity
- More energy efficient