The latest and the most powerful model! Released on June 24, 2019!
The Raspberry Pi 4 Model B is the latest product in the Raspberry Pi range, boasting a 64-bit quad core processor running at 1.5GHz, dual-band 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless LAN, Bluetooth 5.0/BLE, true Gigabit Ethernet, and PoE capability via a separate PoE HAT.
The dual-band wireless LAN comes with modular compliance certification, allowing the board to be designed into end products with significantly reduced wireless LAN compliance testing, improving both cost and time to market.
- 1.5GHz 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A72 CPU (Broadcom 2711)
- 4GB RAM (LPDDR4 SDRAM) - also available in 1GB and 2GB versions!
- On-board wireless LAN - dual-band 802.11 b/g/n/ac
- On-board Bluetooth 5.0 HS low-energy (BLE)
- 2 x USB 2.0 ports
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports
- True Gigabit Ethernet
- Extended 40-pin GPIO header
- 2x micro HDMI, 4k video
- 4 Pole stereo output and composite video port
- MIPI Camera port (CSI)
- MIPI Display port (DSI)
- microSD format for loading OS & data storage
- 5V/3A DC via USB type C connector
- 5V DC via GPIO
- PoE Enabled
- Multimedia H.265 decode (4kp60), H.264 decode (1080p60), H.264 encode (1080p30), OpenGL ES 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 graphics
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I love this latest Pi, but have to take off one star for the heat problem. The included heat sinks are not sufficient to get rid of the heat generated by the CPU. Thermal throttling of the CPU will occur! Buy the teeny fan that attaches to the GPIO pins, then all will be good. This is a design flaw and the fan should be included in kits, IMHO.
Runs ridiculously hot. Heat sinks are not sufficient. You really need to buy a Fan SHIM for Raspberry Pi to go with it. I bought the starter kit and Fan Shim fits inside the case, but is only half as effective with the case top on. Leave the top off and temps stay nice and low. If not for the thermal design problem, I would have given it five stars instead of four.