Raspberry Pi 3 - Model B - ARMv8 with 1G RAM
|Brand||Raspberry Pi Foundation|
- Broadcom BCM2837 chipset running at 1.2 GHz
- 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A53
- 802.11 b/g/n Wireless LAN
- Bluetooth 4.1 (Classic & Low Energy)
- Dual core Videocore IV® Multimedia co-processor
- 1 GB LPDDR2 memory
- Supports all the latest ARM GNU/Linux distributions and Windows 10 IoT
- microUSB connector for 2.5 A power supply
- 1 x 10/100 Ethernet port
- 1 x HDMI video/audio connector
- 1 x RCA video/audio connector
- 4 x USB 2.0 ports
- 40 GPIO pins
- Chip antenna
- DSI display connector
- microSD card slot
- Dimensions: 85 x 56 x 17 mm
There are two giant upgrades in the Pi 3. The first is a next generation Quad Core Broadcom BCM2837 64-bit ARMv8 processor, making the processor speed increase from 900 MHz on the Pi 2 to up to 1.2GHz on the Pi 3.
The second giant upgrade (and this is the one we’re personally most excited about) is the addition of a BCM43143 WiFi chip BUILT-IN to your Raspberry Pi. No more pesky WiFi adapters - this Pi is WiFi ready. There’s also Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) on board making the Pi an excellent IoT solution (BLE support is still in the works, software-wise)
Lastly, there’s an upgraded switched power source that goes up to 2.5 Amps instead of just 2 Amps - allowing your Pi to power even more powerful devices over USB ports.
The best part about all this is that the Pi 3 keeps the same shape, connectors, and mounting holes as the Pi 2. The only difference is a slight change in where the LEDs are. 99% of cases and accessories will still be fully compatible with the Pi 3, Pi 2, and Pi B + - though if you have a case with a metal top there might be some WiFi chip difficulties.
Please note: Some boards are made in the UK, some in China. WE DO NOT KNOW IN ADVANCE WHICH ONES YOU MAY RECEIVE!