Turn your Raspberry Pi into a retro games console! Picade HAT includes joystick and button inputs, a 3W I2S DAC/amplifier, and soft power switch. Nice!
We’ve taken all the great features of the Picade PCB and crammed them onto this super HAT. Simply pop it onto your Pi, plug your Pi power supply into the micro-USB connector on Picade HAT (it back-powers your Pi through the GPIO, so no need for a separate power supply), wire up your controls, and install our driver! It’s ideal for your own custom arcade builds or interfaces that need big colourful buttons.
- I2S audio DAC with 3W amplifier (mono)
- Safe power on/off system
- Micro-USB connector for power (back-powers your Pi)
- 4-way digital joystick inputs
- 6 x game button inputs
- 4 x utility button inputs
- 1 x soft power switch input
- Breakout pins for other GPIO features
- Picade HAT pinout
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 3, 2, B+, A+, Zero, and Zero W
The I2S DAC blends both channels of digital audio from the Raspberry Pi into a single mono output. This is then passed through a 3W amplifier to power any connected speaker.
The board also features a soft power switch that allows you turn your Pi on and off safely without risk of SD card corruption. Simply tap the connected button to start up, and press and hold it for 3 seconds to fully shutdown and disconnect power.
- You can find the software/drivers on the Picade HAT GitHub page
- We recommend you use a set of brass M2.5 standoffs with Picade HAT to avoid pins contacting the HDMI port if the HAT is pushed down
- Raspberry Pi and Pibow Coupé case not included!
Picade HAT + Parts Kit
We’ve also put together a great bundle of parts that will get you started. The kit includes a full wiring loom, arcade buttons, and a speaker. Just add or build your own cabinet!
- Picade HAT
- Wiring loom
- 2 x red arcade button
- 2 x blue arcade button
- 2 x yellow arcade button
- 5 x black arcade button (one for power switch)
- Speaker (with attached wires)