This product is the Picade Console (which has no screen). The version with a screen is the Picade.
The Picade Console comes in kit form for you to build at home. All parts, panels, and components are included – you just need to supply the Raspberry Pi! We highly recommend using a Raspberry Pi 2 as the extra processing power gives great performance in many emulators.
Unlike many cabinet kits our panels are powder-coated in black so the end result feels like a finished, quality product. The chassis makes a great sounding board for the included speakers, you can’t fake that retro sound.
Picade is the ideal desktop arcade cabinet, you have to see it to believe it.
Total build time is around one hour and full instructions are available online. The only tools you’ll need are a cross-head (pozi) screwdriver and a small flat-head for the Picade PCB screw terminals.
What you’ll receive in the Picade kit:
- Black powder-coated cabinet panels (swish!)
- Picade PCB (Arduino compatible with stereo 2.8W amplifier) pre-loaded with the Picade software.
- One speaker with wires pre-soldered
- 3.5mm stereo panel mounted headphone socket
- Attractive decal for the controls
- Audio and USB cables
- A proper arcade stick
- Twelve micro-switch arcade buttons
- Custom assembled wiring looms
- All other fixings, fasteners, nuts, and bolts
- An awesomely hackable product 🙂