Piano can work as a 2.0 (all frequencies are passed to LR) as a 2.2 (xover frequency is chosen in GUI) and subwoofer has 2 outputs or as a 2.1 (same as 2.2 but subwoofer is mono). The board will come pre-programed as a 2.1 output (but you can create your own custom design and load it the board and can access the xover frequency directly from linux (we made a small app).
Hardware wise, we have split the digital and analog side with LDOs and we feed the analog side using an extremely capable LDO LT3042 which is having ultra low noise and ultra high PSRR.. Basically each board has 4 LDO (2 for each DAC ic) (note that digital side uses cheaper LDOs). Of course, on the analog side we used only thin film resistors and poly caps in audiopath.
We are using 2 DAC Ic's PCM5142 with integrated DSP. The PurePath software from TI is available for download (registration required) and can be used to create specific filters and other audio functions.
- Dedicated two No's of 384 kHz/32bit high-quality DAC PCM5142 for best sound quality
- Available with different output connectors: 4 x RCA
- DAC SNR is 112dB
- DAC THD+N @ - 1dBFS are -93dB
- Full Scale Output of DAC is 2.1Vrms
- Dynamic Range of DAC is 112dB
- Sampling Frequency ranges from 8 kHz to 384 kHz
- Ultra-low-noise voltage regulators for optimal audio performance
- Integrated EEPROM for automatic configuration (with write-protection)
- Includes 12mm nylon standoffs
Support & Downloads