Open Garden is an Open Source alternative to commercial home automation to remotely control your indoor and outdoor plants. The platform consists of three different kits, each ready for a specific kind of growing plant scenario: indoor (houses and greenhouses), outdoor (gardens and fields) and hydroponics (plants in water installations).
Add this node to our Open Garden Kits to expand them.
The platform allows to control the state of the plants by sensing several parameters:
- Soil moisture (Indoor & Outdoor kits)
- Temperature + Humidity + Light (All kits)
- Water sensors: pH, Conductivity, Temperature(Hydroponics kit)
Then it uses different types of actuators to modify the state of the plants by irrigating them or activating lights and oxygen pumps:
- Water pump + Droppers for Drip Irrigation (Indoor kit)
- Electro valve + Sprinkler for Sprinkling (Outdoor kit)
- Oxygen Pump + Growing Light (Hydroponics kit)
The nodes send periodically the information to the Gateway that uploads the data to a web server by using any of the available wireless interfaces (WiFi, GPRS, 3G).
The parts of this kit are:
- 1x Node
- 1x DHT22 (temperature + humidity)
- 1x Soil Moisture sensor
- 1x LDR (embedded in each board)
- 1x Small 433MHz internal antenna
- 1x Small Enclosure for node
- 2x16mm Cable Glands
- 2x Flange
- 3x M3 Metal Nuts
- 3x M3 x 10mm Metal Screws
- 3x M3 x 6mm Plastic Screws
- 3x Metal Spacer M3
- 1x Battery 3,7V 2300mAh
- 1x Solar Panel
– Access to the complete list of kits and accessories of Open Garden here.