JustBoom has designed the Raspberry Pi DAC HAT to be simple to install and use. With no soldering required and all the mounting hardware already provided this product is suitable for absolute beginners and seasoned professionals alike. Just connect your Raspberry Pi DAC HAT to a set of powered speakers or an audio amplifier and you can be up and running quickly, enjoying flawless high quality audio playback within minutes of unboxing this. Also included is an optional IR receiver to allow remote control operation of your Raspberry Pi.
Includes a 384kHz/32 bit DAC chip with hardware volume mixing as well as a 138mW headphone amplifier (note that the Raspberry Pi is only capable of a 192kHz/32bit output). Outputs are line level over RCA and headphone amplified over 3.5mm jack cable. The HAT uses the I2S interface for its audio input which reduces CPU load on the Raspberry Pi compared to USB solutions. It is also powered directly from the GPIO header so no extra cables or power supplies are required to connect to the Raspberry Pi. All of the Raspberry Pi GPIO pins are still accessible on our Raspberry Pi DAC HAT for easy customisation of your project – add additional sensors, buttons, LEDs, rotary encoders or anything your heart desires.
- Streaming (either from cloud or network storage) high-definition audio player
- Multi-room audio player
- Media centre / set-top box living room entertainment system
- Shop floor / elevator / background music audio player
- High quality audio player with local storage
- Desktop high definition audio player with amplified headphone output
- And many many more….
Follow JustBoom’s full setup guide for assembling your JustBoom DAC HAT.
DAC HAT Features
- Full high quality audio – 384kHz / 32bit
- Includes both a DAC and headphone amplifier
- Line-level RCA and headphone amplified 3.5mm jack outputs
- Plug and play compatibility for ease of use
- Hardware and software volume control from your Raspberry Pi
- No soldering required
- Powered by the Raspberry Pi GPIO header
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi A+,B+, 2B and the new 3B (and also compatible with the Raspberry Pi Zero, but the JustBoom DAC Zero is recommended for this purpose)
- Mounting hardware included
- Optional IR receiver included in package
- Compatible with the JustBoom Amp which can easily stack on top of the DAC HAT to add amplification and extra outputs!
- All Raspberry Pi GPIO pins still accessible via 40pin unpopulated extension header
- Fully HAT compliant
- Full driver support in Raspbian
- Compatible with OSMC / Max2Play / RuneAudio / Volumio / Moode / PiCorePlayer / PiMusicBox/ OpenELEC and others
- Burr-Brown / Texas Instruments PCM5122 DAC chip – 384kHz / 32 bit. Please note that due to Linux driver restrictions, max frequency is limited to 192kHz on the Raspberry Pi
- Texas Instruments TPA6133A2 headphone amplifier – 138mW
- Fully integrated hardware volume mixing via “alsamixer” or any ALSA compatible application
- Integrated EEPROM for automatic Raspberry Pi devicetree driver configuration and fully HAT compatible
- Optional Vishay TSOP4838 IR receiver included in package (solder yourself if required)
- 112dB signal to noise ratio (SNR) and -93dB total harmonic distortion (THD +N at -1dB) for best-in-class audio
- Advanced ESD protection on both headphone and RCA outputs
- Ultra low noise voltage regulator for the best audio output (LDO 10uVrms)
|Dimensions||6.5 x 6.6 x 2 cm|