GoPiGo2 is the newest version of our robot car! The GoPiGo2 Base Kit is perfect if you already have a Raspberry Pi and want to get it moving. It includes the GoPiGo2 board, chassis, wheels, motors, encoders, and power battery pack.
Also need a Raspberry Pi? The best value is the Starter Kit, including all you need to get started from scratch! Check out our colored acrylic bodies!
What’s not included?
- Raspberry Pi (GoPiGo is compatible with all version of the Raspberry Pi): This board is the main brains of the robot that will connect to the GoPiGo board.
- mini Wi-Fi Dongle: Can be plugged in to the Raspberry Pi so you can unplug the Ethernet cord and make it function as a remote control, mobile car.
- microSD Card: Required “hard drive” for the Raspberry Pi (comes with Dexter Industry’s custom software “Raspbian for Robots”).
- Ethernet Cable: Required for plugging in to your computer to program the GoPiGo.
- Power Supply: Wall plug to power your Raspberry Pi while you are programming it, rather than using the batteries.
- Batteries: GoPiGo requires 8 AA batteries, which are not included.
What’s required for assembly?
What else do I need to know?
- Works with all versions of the Raspberry Pi
- Software examples and API are provided by Dexter Industries (open-source repository on Github)
- Lego Technic bricks: GoPiGo is compatible with Lego Technic parts, but we don’t sell them.
Assembly instructions for GoPiGo2 can be found here.
Assembly instructions for GoPiGo1 can be found here.
How do I know if I have GoPiGo 1 or 2?
GoPiGo2 comes with a red velcro strap for the battery pack. So, if you have a red velcro strap, you have the GoPiGo2!