Swipe, tap or flick your wrist to control your Raspberry Pi Zero or Zero W with your brand new Flick pHAT. Flick Zero is a 3D tracking and gesture board that lets you control the Raspberry Pi computer as if by magic!
Flick Zero is compliant with the Raspberry Pi's pHAT standard size (65mm x 30.00mm) and plugs directly on top of your Raspberry Pi Zero or Zero W. Flick Zero connects via the Pi's i2c interface.
Flick uses technology that enables the PCB to detect your gestures from up to 15cm away in 3D space. Draw a circle with your hand - Flick will track it. Touch, swipe, tap, double tap - Flick will track it. Flip, flap, flop, flick, left, right, up, down - Flick will track it!
Integrate Flick into your Raspberry Pi project to give you multiple ways of controlling it. Using near field gesture technology, you're able to hide your project behind non conductive material (wood/acrylic) and still use Flick. Please Note. Mounting behind materials may reduce the sensor range.
Plug and play functionality allows you to get up and running within minutes. Use the software libraries to fully explore what you can do with Flick. Control your computer, TV, music system and more all with a Flick of the wrist!
- Zero Compliant Raspberry Pi breakout board (65mm x 30.00mm)
- Flick Zero Case Available Separately
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi Zero & Zero W
- 3D tracking - Gesture sensing up to 15cm using near field gesture technology
- Track positional data (x,y,z)
- Gesture sensing: Touch, Tap, Double Tap, Flick, Swipe etc.
- Communicates with the Raspberry Pi via I2C
- Full software libraries (One line installer & fully opensource)
- No soldering required (Plug & Play!)
- Dimensions: 6.5cm x 3cm x 0.6cm
- Kit Contents
- 1 Flick Zero
- 8 Plastic bolts
- 4 Plastic spacers
- 3 Stickers
- 2 Info card
- Chip: MGC3130 3D Tracking and Gesture Controller
- Detection range: 0 to 15 cm in ideal circumstances
- Temperature Range: -20 to +85
- Position Rate: 200 positions/sec
- Spatial Resolution: up to 150 dpi
- Proximity and Touch Sensing
- Compatible with the Hillstar Development Kit over USB on PC in order to use with a computer or to program new firmware onto the board.
- Available gestures: Swipe (east to west, west to east, north to south, south to north), tap and double tap (center, east, west, north, south) and airwheel (clockwise, anti-clockwise)
- Works even through the Flick Zero case
- No detection blind spots
- Low-power design
- CE & FCC Compliant
Software & Setup
- Software for the Flick boards is available here on GitHub