An upgraded HAT version of our Display-O-Tron! Now with capacitive touch pads, a six-zone RGB backlight, and GPIO breakout pins!
The lovely 16x3 character LCD is super slim. As well as a full ASCII character set you can define eight of your own custom characters for special icons, graphs, or decoration.
Add a dazzling splash of rainbow colour to your tail -f /var/syslog output with the six-zone RGB backlight. Being a sys-admin was never so much fun!
The six capacitive touch buttons are ideal for navigating on-screen menus or inputting data. We've labelled them left, right, up, down, enter, and back but you can use them for anything you want! If you want to keep your Pi in a case we recommend the Pibow CoupÃ© case as it still allows you to touch the capacitive touch inputs.
As if all that wasn't enough there is also a six-element LED bar graph which is ideal for monitoring changing statistics such as CPU load or memory usage.
We've broken out some common GPIO pins for those of you who want to integrate with other projects and sensors. As well as the power supply, I2C and SPI busses, UART, and the PWM pin there are also five general purpose IO pins available.
- Fully assembled (apart from optional GPIO header)
- Super slim 16x3 character LCD display
- Six capacitive touch input buttons
- Handy six element LED bargraph
- Six-zone RGB backlight with diffuser
- GPIO breakout for 5V, 3V3, GND, SDA/SCL, TX/RX, PWM, MOSI/MISO/SCLK/CE1, and GPIO #5, #6, #13, #19, #26
- Full ASCII set plus eight custom characters
As usual it comes with full Pimoroni Python support so you can get up and running easily.
Checkout our GitHub repository with instructions and exampleshere: https://github.com/pimoroni/dot3k.