Our most popular Raspberry Pi robot kit DiddyBorg is back with faster motors and a newly designed chassis!
The idea remains the same, a 6 wheeled high-torque robotics platform, but give everyone the ability to add lots of extra functionality and get your robot to perform a wide range of tasks. Want to detect objects in your DiddyBorg’s path? Add the ultrasonic mounts at the front and back. Need to use a servo to move a robotic arm? Mount them on the multifunction top and go!
You could even add the Raspberry Pi touch screen and turn your robot into a touchscreen controlled turtle.
A Raspberry Pi B+ / 2 / 3 and SD card are required to complete your DiddyBorg v2, they are not included. DiddyBorg v2 optionally supports the Pi Camera, also not included.
Basic DiddyBorg v2 comes with:
- Chassis: Laser cut 3mm Cast Acryllic PerspexTM in Purple now designed and cut at PiBorg.
- Six 1:83 (100rpm) metal gear 12V 400mA PiBorg motors.
- Our ThunderBorg 5A dual output motor controller including LED indicator, power regulator and PWM control.
- On/Off switch.
- Full build instructions.
- Code library and example scripts.
There are two additional styles of top available for the DiddyBorg v2:
- The Multifunction Top with mounting holes for servos and adaptable mounting points for an additional Raspberry Pi 3, Raspberry Pi Zero or Zero W or the Arduino Uno.
- The Touch Top which takes the Raspberry Pi 7″ touch screen. These can be used in addition to the basic kit in a number of combinations!
We also have a sensor mounting kit which includes mounts for 4x ultrasonics and a second pi camera.