BrickPi3 Starter Kit - Raspberry Pi included
BrickPi is best for someone who already has LEGO MINDSTORMS sensors and motors. The BrickPi connects to the Raspberry Pi, and replaces the MINDSTORMS Brick (brain of MINDSTORMS system). If you don't already have LEGO MINDSTORMS, check out our complete robot kit, the GoPiGo.
Visit the Dexter Industries BrickPi Product Support & Documentation page for step-by-step tutorials, technical specs, detailed product pictures, and sample code libraries.
What's Included in the BrickPi Starter Kit?
- BrickPi+ board
- BrickPi Upgraded 6-sided Acrylic Case
- Battery Power Pack (8AA batteries not included)
- microSD Card with Dexter Industries Software Raspbian for Robots
- Mini Wi-Fi Dongle
- Raspberry Pi 3B
- Power Supply is recommended so you don't drain the batteries while you are programming.
- Ethernet Cable
What's required for assembly but NOT included?
PLEASE NOTE: LEGO parts are NOT included.
- LEGO MINDSTORMS sensors, motors, cables & technic parts
- Tiny (jewelry-sized) phillips head screwdriver is recommended for assembly of the case.
- 8AA Batteries
What else do I need to know?
- Connect up to 4 NXT or EV3 motors.
- Connect up to 4 NXT or EV3 sensors, both digital and analog.
- Battery pack powers the Raspberry Pi.
- Write in other languages such as Python, Scratch & Java.
- Connect your LEGO MINDSTORMS robot to the web to control it remotely or integrate other internet services and data.
- Attach your LEGO Technic bricks to the BrickPi case to build an awesome robot!
This kit is best for people that already have LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT or EV3 and wants one or more of the following:
- more processing power
- program in other languages (such as C, Python or Scratch)
- interact with the web (web services, stream data somewhere, control remotely)
- integrate wi-fi
- integrate other 3rd party sensors