The BBC micro:bit is a pocket-sized computer that you can code, customize and control to bring your digital ideas, games and apps to life. Measuring 4cm by 5cm, and designed to be fun and easy to use, users can create anything from games and animations to scrolling stories at school, at home and on the go – all you need is imagination and creativity. The BBC micro:bit is completely programmable. That means each of its LEDs can be individually programmed as can its buttons, inputs and outputs, accelerometer, magnetometer and Bluetooth Smart Technology. The BBC micro:bit has a website full of coding languages, lesson plans and tutorials.
Note: your micro:bit will come in one of 4 colours and it is not possible to guarantee which colour you will receive.
Also available in a Club Set.
- Size: approx. 5cm x 4cm
- Weight: 8g
- Microprocessor: 32-bit ARM® Cortex™ M0 CPU
- A 5×5 LED matrix with 25 red LEDs to light up and can display animiated patterns, scrolling text and alphanumeric characters
- Two programmable buttons. Use them as a games controller, or control music on a smart phone
- On-board motion detector or 3-AXIS digital accelerometer that can detect movement e.g. shake, tilt or free-fall and use it to control motion activated games
- A built-in compass, 3D magnetometer to sense which direction you’re facing and your movement in degrees and detect the presence of certain metals and magnets
- Bluetooth® Smart Technology. Connect the micro:bit to other micro:bits, devices, phones, tablets, cameras and other everday objects
- Five Ring Input and Output (I/O) including power (PWR), ground (GRD) and 3 x I/O. The micro:bit can read values from sensors and control things like motors or robots
- 20 pin edge connector: This allows the micro:bit to be connected to other devices such as Raspberry Pi, Arduino, Galileo and Kano through a standard connector
- Micro-USB controller: This is controlled by a separate processor and presents the micro:bit to a computer as a memory stick
- System LED x 1 yellow
- System push button switch x 1