Take control of and monitor your world with our ultimate jack-of-all-trades Raspberry Pi HAT!
We've pulled together a great set of features into this home monitoring and automation controller. With relays, analog channels, powered outputs, and buffered inputs (all 24V tolerant) you can now hook up a plethora of goodies to your Raspberry Pi all at once.
Please note: We recommend you use a set of Brass M2.5 Standoffs with the Automation HAT to avoid pins contacting the HDMI port if the HAT is pushed down.
Better still each channel has an indicator LEDs which means at a glance you can see what's happening with your setup. Even the analog channels have dimming LEDs that allow you to see the value they are currently sensing - swish!
It's compatible with all version of Raspberry Pi that have the 40-pin GPIO header (3, 2, B+, A+, Zero) and comes fully assembled:
- 3 x 24V @ 2A relay (NC and NO terminals)
- 3 x 12-bit ADC @ 0-24V
- 3 x 24V tolerant buffered inputs
- 3 x 24V tolerant sinking outputs
- 15 x channel indicator LEDs
- 1 x 12-bit ADC @ 0-3.3V
- 3.5mm scrw terminals
- Power, Comms, and Warn! LED indicators
- HAT EEPROM
- SPI interface
- Extra GPIO: TX (#14), RX (#15), #25
As ever, we've made a super-simple to use Python library to take advantage of Automation HAT's multitudinous functions, with examples to get you started.
Our input, output and relay examples show you how to read the analog and digital inputs, switch the outputs on and off, and control the relays.
- Loads for the buffered outputs should be switched on the ground side, i.e. 12/24V (from supply) -> load -> output terminal -> ground (from supply)
- The relays can tolerate up to 2A each and should be switched on the high side
- The sinking outputs can sink a maximum 500mA total across the 3 outputs, so if you use a single channel you can sink the whole 500mA across it.
- The accuracy of the ADC is ±2%.
- Do not use to switch mains voltages!