An Introduction to C & GUI Programming
|Brand||Raspberry Pi Foundation|
Even if you are an absolute beginner, this book will teach you all you need to know to write simple programs in C and start creating GUIs.
The first half of the book is an introduction to C, and covers the basics of writing simple command-line programs. The second half shows how to use the GTK user interface toolkit with C to create feature-rich GUI applications which can be run on the desktop.
156 pages of essential information:
- Create simple command-line C programs
- Control flow with conditions and loops
- Handle variables, strings, and files
- Design graphical user interface applications in C
- Handle user input with buttons and menus
- Use advanced UI features such as data stores and dialog