Adafruit MENTA - Mint Tin Arduino Compatible Kit with Mint Tin
Introducing the MENTA, a portable minty Arduino-compatible project that fits into a common mint tin. Adafruit took their super popular Boarduino series, and wrapped it with a prototyping area into a rounded PCB that slots directly into an Altoids-sized metal tin. Everything is included to jump-start your project:
- DC power adapter jack with polarity protection
- Beefy 1 Amp 5V regulator and 250mA 3.3V regulator for 3.3V devices
- Green power LED, red blinky LED on pin 13
- ISP-6 standard reprogramming header
- FTDI interface plug to connect an FTDI Friend or FTDI Cable
- Female header set so you can plug standard Arduino-compatible shields in.
- There's four mounting holes if you want to attach it permanently to a box or plate
- Massive prototyping area so you can have the finished project all fit together in a protective box.
- Four rubber bumpers to protect your table from scratching, and the PCB and parts from the metal tin
- MENTA sticker (unaffixed)
- This pack even comes with the mint tin itself!
Comes as a kit of parts, this is an excellent beginner project, with step-by-step instructions even for someone who has never soldered before. A soldering iron, diagonal cutters and solder are required to complete the project. You'll also need an FTDI adapter such as the FTDI Friend or FTDI Cable to program it via the Arduino IDE.
Mint tin dimensions:
- Top lid outer (not lip): 2.36" (59.9mm) x 3.75"(95mm)
- Tin bottom: 2.3" (58.75mm) x 3.7"(93.9mm)
- Inner: 2.24" (56.9mm) x 3.6"(91.5mm)
- Height bottom section: 0.83" (21.28mm)
- Height top section: "0.36 (9.26mm)
- Corner radius .55" (14mm)