Operational Update: Covid-19
Dear customers, we wish you all health, peace, and comfort as we navigate the global Coronavirus pandemic together. While we do not consider our business operation 'important' in the current big picture, we're aware that social distancing and self-isolation measures are very challenging for many people and families, and that they may benefit from interesting projects to pass this time.
To that end, here is a brief update on our operational status as of March 24th;
- As an online retailer, we are continuing to operate with appropriate staff reductions and health & safety procedures. The majority of our staff work on-line and are now working remotely.
- Local order pickup from our Ottawa warehouse will not be available until further notice.
Shipping and Order Processing
- Domestic shipments with most carriers are still flowing, with only minor slowdowns. As long as this is the case, we will continue shipping your orders.
- Please be mindful to select a delivery location that will not be impacted by possible closures, such as your home.
- Shipping staff has been reduced. The majority of orders are still shipping same-day, but one-day processing delays are possible.
- Cleaning protocols have been implemented in our warehouse as recommended by government health agencies.
Pricing and Specials
- Many people's incomes are restricted right now. While it's difficult for us to discount our products significantly, we will offer some specials where possible on our site. Please see our Specials category for current promotions.
- Adafruit, one of our largest US suppliers based in NY City, has temporarily suspended shipments. We therefore cannot restock Adafruit items until they resume operation.
- Other items may be unavailable temporarily due to similar supply disruptions.
Best wishes to you and your loved ones from the BuyaPi.ca team.